5Q7—THE FUNCTION OF HUMOR
- What incident led Chappelle to walk away from Chappelle's Show?
- What does Bambi Haggins mean by Chappelle's "dual credibility," and what's his backstory here?
- Why is Chappelle's "attainment of a de facto crossover...a precarious space to occupy"? Explain using any of the sketches we screened in class except "Racial Draft."
- Finally, what does Haggins mean by Chappelle's Show "didn't last because it couldn't"?
- On what channel does Inside Amy Schumer air? What is that channel's target demographic, according to Nick Marx? And how has that channel, in ways, modeled itself after FOX in the 1990s (when In Living Color was on)?
- How does Inside Amy Schumer serve its network's primary demographic? Do you agree with Nick Marx here? Explain your response via 2-3 sketches we screened in class.