Finding Our Roots: Videos
Students will screen 8 films and episodes on their own time, outside the classroom; those available for free online are listed below. We will screen 2 feature-length films and 2 episodes in class together.
- Roots: One Year Later
- Who Do You Think You Are? "Bryan Cranston" (stop watching after credits roll, around 41min.)
- The Generations Project "Racquel"
- Ancestors "High Tech Help"
- Historically Black "Tracking Down a Slave's Bill of Sale"
- Historically Black "The Fiddler Who Charmed Missouri"
- Okay Africa's "The Roots of Michael K. Williams"
- Okay Africa's "The Roots of Erykah Badu"