Emailing: Good Form
If you want a response to your emails, please follow this good form for student-teacher emailing:
- First, see if the ANSWER IS ON THE SYLLABUS!
- Include course/issue in subject line (MCS 331: My Project).
- Always choose an appropriate salutation (Hi, Dr. Marshall…).
- Always sign your emails.
- Confirm your name in settings; don’t show up as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Avoid apologies for missing class.
- Always proofread what you write.
- Don’t send unexpected attachments.