Digital Project 5: Information Architecture
- Explain your daily digital routine, discussing, for example, when you begin your day online; which sites you visit first, second, third, etc.; why you move in that order; what you do while you're there; which sections you visit most frequently, etc.
- According to Krug in Chapters 6 and 7 and Redish in Chapter 4, why are homepages so important?
- What homepage of a site you frequent fits all of Krug's and Redish's suggestions? Why and/or how? Perhaps choose 6-8 recommendations from each author, and go from there. Please do NOT use a website Krug or Redish mentions.
- What homepage of a site you frequent—or perhaps a site you don't frequent much—ought to adhere to some of Krug's suggestions about web navigation? Explain. Again, please do NOT use a website Krug mentions.
- In Chapter 2, Redish mainly talks about the creation of personas for large business websites. But let's think about your online persona—or what you want it to be. Elaborate here. This should be way more than one sentence or an adjective.
- To you, what was the most enlightening or interesting section of Redish's Chapter 6? Why?
Please share your Google Doc with Dr. Marshall's gmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. [DIRECTIONS for sharing your Google Doc.]